We have read advantages of solar energy in previous post, in this article however, we will discuss few of the points which do not go particularly in favor of Solar energy. Pros and cons are always together as law of nature.
I am mentioning few of disadvantages of solar energy just for the sake of bringing it up. It so doesn’t mean one should not consider or refrain one self from using it just because you read few of my non-favor points about it.
Solar energy is a nature way to tell us, “Use me and produce energy from me.” Anyway, here is the list of few disadvantages of solar energy.
- The intial cost of installing solar panels to produce energy is considerably high and that is THE only reason why solar energy is not adopted to the scale where it deserves to be. Prices have came down but still initial set back to pocket is heavey.
- To power up computer and small home appilances using solar energy can cost upto 700 $ to 1000$ and to power up entire home can cost up 15000$ to 25000$. But cost o1f solar panels may also vary from location to location.
- Non friendly geographical areas are best suited for solar energy to produce electricity, but it’s intial setup cost is the main reason why most of them are using conventional electricity and paying high bills.
- The other setback that comes in way is that solar panels need certain space where they are installed, they require certain dedicated area either on land or roof. If area is not available it is impossible to take benefit from sun’s radiant energy.
- Solar panels are required to directly face sun all the time to produce constant amount of energy, in case, panels are unable to directly face sun, it’s energy production can vary.
- Solar cells on panel are suppose to face dangerous rays all the time, like ultaviolet rays generated by sun, this in result deteriote the surface of panels during the course of time and discrease the perfomance.
- Weather can play huge impact on solar panels to produce energy, if it is cloudy or heavily windy it can decrease the perfomance of solar panels. To get the best out of solar panels, sun must be bright and shinny.
- You may also some times have to climb up your roof to clean panels to improve it’s efficiency. It is because dust effects the peformance of panels to produce energy.
Solar industry has changed very rapidly in last decay, number of disadvantages of solar energy systems almost faded away and some will in future hopefuly. Especially cost factor has dropped a lot in recent times, thanks to government bodies and Green Technology movement