As it is clear from its name that it is a sensor that tells us about the direction of the wind. Basically it is defined as the type of the wind sensor that deals with the accurate measurement and determines the origin of the wind is called as the wind direction sensor. We can do the valuable measurements of the wind direction with the help of wind direction sensor. The main purpose of using the wind direction sensors for the measurements of the wind direction is to determine the direction with more accuracy with the help of signals in the form of electrical quadrature.
How Wind Direction Sensor Works?
Wind direction sensors works on the principles on which the other wind direction measuring objects are based. The working and the operation of the wind direction sensor for the detection of the direction of the wind depends upon the construction and the installation of the wind direction sensors. They have arrow kike head structure joined with the pivot and whole circuit is operate with the help of electrical signals. When the wind blows it strikes with the wind direction sensor and the device moves towards the opposite direction that detects the direction of the wind. The electronic apparatus that is connected with the wind direction sensor make it possible for the detectors to calculate the direction with more accuracy and records the reading. On the whole wind direction sensor is an important in the field of wind direction.
Important Features of Wind Direction Sensor:
There are many important features of the wind direction sensor that differ it from the other technologies or devices such as ultrasonic wind sensors or wind sensors. Some specific features of the wind direction sensors are as follows
- Wind direction can measure more accurately and valuably as compared to other measuring devices
- The threshold frequency that is used to generate the power of the wind direction sensor is of low power.
- Mobility is there, because it is very convenient to move the sensor every where, on the land or on the mountain
- Different types of protective circuits are used in the construction of the sensor that helps the sensor to limit the ratio of the electrical current and only supply the amount that is suitable for the sensor.
- To keep the wind direction sensor in the rotational motion with out the friction magnetic coupling is used.
Importance of Wind Direction Sensor:
Wind direction sensors have the great importance because it is reliable and durable technology for the calculation of the wind direction. Wind direction sensors are used in most of the area because of their low power and the wide range coverage. Wind direction sensors have ability to measure the wind direction up to 360 degrees. It is very important for most of the applications of the modern world such as shipboards etc.
Advantages of Wind Direction Sensors:
There are many advantages of the of the wind direction sensor technology. All the advantages are because some specific reasons, due to their reliability, their fast range of detection, their low power operation and of course due to the measurement at the large range. Some of the important advantages of the wind direction sensors are as follows
- Wind direction sensors are made up of that material which is corrosion free in nature and can reduce the affect of atmospheric conditions on the sensor
- They have fast response of determination as compared to other wind direction measuring devices
- They are light weighted and the body or the case is composed of the carbon compound that is stable to UV radiations