Earth, the only life reservoir in this universe, is turning into a heap of garbage covered by polluted air. Human beings have tremendously sorted out ways to comfort their lives but their comfort has disturbed the natural balance of the environment. As humans beings are responsible for damaging the planet it is their duty to device ways to restore the environmental equilibrium on the face of earth. Although humankind is now planning to save the mother earth but collective efforts are required on massive level to tackle the emerging monster of increasing pollution.
When knowledge is practised, it is named technology. When environmental science is utilised to conserve the natural resources and environment then it is called Green Technology or Greentech. The technology is comprised of emerging method for producing energy to non-toxic cleaning products. The significance of Greentech has multiplied due to the drastic effects caused by the random human inventions-cum-interventions in the last century. Technologies like flue gas treatment deals directly with the energy conservation where emerging technologies decrease the amount of waste produce by a number of human activities. Using alternate sources of energy can also control the amount the pollution. It is preferred to use a solar source of energy than petroleum, gas or coal.
A number of technologies and techniques are available to restore the natural order of the earth some of them are recycling, sewage treatment, water purification, environmental remediation, renewable energy and solid waste management.
- Recycling: It is the best way of controlling the pollution. The material in used is re-processed to make re-usable. The process not only save the planet from wastage but also saves a lot of money. Plastic bottles, cans, papers are recycled worldwide to conserve the natural resources by controlling the manufacturing.
- Sewage Treatment: Water is the part and parcel of our lives. It is used not only for drinking but also for washing, bathing, cooking, etc. Billion tones of water are utilised per day and it is highly suggestive that used water should be properly treated to avoid expected pollution. The treatment of sewage is also necessary as the amount of usable water is dangerously decreasing and it is need of the hour to keep the circle of used water.
- Water purification: To purify water from not only dirt and pollution but also different kinds of germs and infectious viruses is vital to keep the circle of life going. To purify water will remarkably decrease the number of deaths and diseases.
- Environment Remediation: To purify the environment from pollution and various contaminated material is necessary to make the earth green. Our planet is already contaminated and still the third world countries are unable to control the environment-hazardous procedures. It is now vital to tackle the existing amount of pollution on massive level. Many developed countries like USA are indulged in governing a variety of plans to limit the damage.
- Renewable Energy: Replenish-able energy is called renewable energy. The question of acquiring more and more energy has haunted the humankind since its consciousness. From wood to water, nature is full of energy reservoirs and it is highly appreciated if humans utilise those energy sources that can never exhaust like wind, water and sun. Rock Port, Missouri of USA is the first city that functions on wind power.
- Solid Waste Management: wastage is not only of one type. It could be in gas form or liquid or solid. To either treat or dispose the solid wastage to avoid degradation of the environment comes under the title. There are a number of ways to treat the solid wastage that are unnecessary to use over here. Anaerobic digestion is used to produce energy out of waste material. Such procedures can be used to consume the waste and to produce the energy simultaneously.
Goals of Greentech are sustaining the need of society without depleting the resources of up coming generation; making only those products that can be re-used or recycled, changing the sources of energy to limit the aftermath of power consumption; all types of fuels whether fossils, coals, gas or petroleum are hazardous for the health and sorting out innovative ways to generate sufficient power is need of the hour; to make buildings and locations green and to make the chemicals products environment friendly.
If the environment is not secured now it will be very late to handle the pollution in near future.