Agriculture is the cultivation of different types of crops for the benefit of mankind. It is divided into different types in which organic farming also includes. A branch of agriculture which is used to produce different types of crops by controlling the pest and adopt the phenomenon of mechanical cultivation to increase the fertility of soil and also increase the production of plants or crops without using any kind of artificial fertilizers and insecticides of fungicides is called as Organic farming.
It is a special kind of technique in the agricultural field which is used to produce different variety of fruits, vegetables and also different types of herbs. This technique is used to produce such type of crops which are independent of artificial fertilizers and enhance the rate of productivity with the help of natural resources. Organic farming is the process which helps to increase the age of the soil and make it fertile by using different types of biological processes such as nitrogen cycle, carbon cycle etc. Basically it is based on the fertilizing method in which only fertilizers are used that has carbon composition and also some biological processes to control the unwanted pests.
Types of Organic Farming:
Organic farming is categorized on the basis of use of different types of process and fertilizing techniques to produce a new and pure healthy variety of crops which is very essential for living species. There are two main types of organic farming which are as follows
- Pure organic farming
- Integrated organic farming
Pure Organic Farming:
A type of organic farming in which crops are produced with the help of different kind’s organic fertilizers and different kinds of biological natural insecticides without any interference of inorganic fertilizers or chemicals is called as pure organic farming.
Integrated Organic Farming:
A type of farming in which development of crops from natural resources having the complete nutritive value and also manage to prevent the crops or plants from pest is known as integrated organic farming.
Pros of Organic Farming:
There are many advantages of organic farming because it produces natural crops without use of any synthetic fertilizers. Some of its pros are given below
- It is a type of farming in which we can save our money and the results are more beneficial as compared to other type of farming.
- It helps to increase the fertility of soil and also help in reducing soil erosion.
- It consume less water as compared to other farming and give more productivity of crops
- Without any kind of chemical fertilizations it helps farmers to reduce the effect of weeds by using garlic, clove oil etc
- It can produce new variety of crops on the same land on which other techniques give only single type.
- It produces only pure crops without any toxic materials which are harmful for the human life and that is why it increase the profit also.
Cons of Organic Farming:
Where organic farming has lot of advantages it also has different kinds of disadvantages which is badly affecting such farming, some cons are as follows
- Farming with organic methods gives smaller crops as compared to artificial farming.
- It enhances the emission of carbon dioxide and produces a bad effect in the climate.
- Some researches also made it clear that the food which is derived from organic resources is very harmful because it produces E.coli bacterial infection.
- Organic farming gives low productivity of vegetables such as potatoes in the same areas where the conventional farming produces more.
- As carbon dioxide is stored in these crops so it is harmful for the human life and it is quite dangerous for us.