Industrial ecology is defined as the different types of ecosystem that are artificial or setup by the mankind where new production is carried with the help of different types of processes, used waste material or the remaining products known as by products as the input material is called as industrial ecology. Industrial ecology works on the same principle or the phenomenon on which the real or the natural ecosystem works. This type of ecology used different types of system for the sake of the proper working of the natural ecosystem i.e. linear to cyclical or the closed circuit system of natural ecosystem. Industrial ecology is the form of the continuous working or the operation.
Characteristic Features of Industrial Ecology:
As the developments of the industrial ecology are very vast and these studies are very much keen to produce different type of technologies or products for the benefit of the mankind. There are many characteristics of industrial ecology that make it valuable and important. Some important features of industrial ecology are as follows
- Basically the main purpose of using the industrial ecology is to limit or remove the different types of problems of the environment that are originated from the different type of industrial processes such as efficiency resources etc.
- Industrial ecology also used to expand the business and do the operational work of industries in different areas. if we do the same thing to expand the industry it is very helpful to release the burden from the single plant.
- Another important feature of the industrial ecology is that it is also used to select or monitor the places where the industry would be planted.
- On the whole industrial ecology is designed to utilizes the waste substances or the material and turn it into the useful products.
- Instead of its own production processes, industrial ecology also deals with different types of tools of industrial processes such as material analysis, dematerialization etc.
Why Industrial Ecology is Important?
The growth of the world towards the development of the new technologies or the products for the benefit of the mankind is very fast but we have very limit resources which are used in the production. So to reduce the use of the mew material and do all the working or the production tasks with the help of waste products, we need industrial ecology. Industrial ecology is also important for us because it is very helpful in providing the ways to discover the different types of production processes from the unwanted materials such as garbage, saline water of oceans etc. it is also important because it can reduce the effect of pollution on the environment and also degenerate the pollutants.
Benefits of Industrial Ecology:
As we know that industrial ecology is the valuable process of production of the new products from the waste or the unwanted material. It has lots of benefits that make it really acceptable and important for the different types of industry. Some benefits of the industrial ecology are as follows
- It is a cost saving process because the expenses that are required for the production such as buying the new material, and different types of other expenses that are required to carry on the production in the best possible way that is why industrial ecology is called as cost saving process.
- Industrial ecology is also used to reduce the environmental pollution and provide the protection to the environment and also enhances the environmental conditions.
Limitations of Industrial Ecology:
Some limitations of industrial ecology are also there which reduce the use or demoralized the working of the industrial ecology such as industrial ecology has no support from the government, there is no advance technology etc.