It is defined as the change happens in the different types of important components of the environment such as the atmosphere and also the composition of the air. Some types of ocean composition are also included in that. It is called as global change, basically global change means the change happens in the environmental factors world widely and these changes has a great impact on the life and change the whole life strategies. For example the incredible increase or change in the amount of carbon in the atmospheric region and produce different types of toxic chemicals in the environment. Due to global change some specific properties of environment also changes such as biodiversity etc.
Features of Global Change:
Some drastic and important features of the global change that have a great impact on the environmental conditions are as follows
- All the types of fertilizers or pesticides that are used to remove different types of pests from the plants or from the environment and the contamination of the environment with them is the feature of global change ad also deals with all the toxic chemicals.
- It plays a dangerous role in destroying different types of ecosystems either they are aquatic or terrestrial. It also plays a damaging role in the field of agriculture and vegetation.
- Some important features of the global change that are associated with the industrial fields are the ozone depletion and the process of global warming.
- Some features of the global change are also associated with the fossil fuels and different types of combustion processes and then mix with air to pollute the air resources.
- One of the most important features of the global change is to reduce the biodiversity; it is do so because of the huge increase of the population of the world day by day.
Causes of Global Change:
There are lots of causes of global change but some important causes tat can cause serious problems to environment are as follows
- Global change is caused due to the change in the major cycles of the environment such as carbon cycle, nitrogen cycle etc and also deals with the change in the concentration of the sulphur, phosphorous and many other essential components.
- It is caused due to high pollution rate and change in the pollution daily changes the environment globally.
- Acidification of water and dramatically change in the climate also cause the global change.
- Dispersal of some poisonous products in the air can also cause the global change because it can enhance the air pollution.
- Some other resources that can cause the different types of pollution such as ozone depletion or global warming can also cause global change.
Components of Global Change:
There are many components that take part in the working of the global change and also helps in pollute the environment, but some of them which are important are as follows
- Ozone depletion
- Global warming
- Green house gases
- Carbon dioxide
- Different types of oxides
These are some major components of the global change because due to change in that global change happens. Some time the smoke from the chimneys of the industries mix with the fog and results in the formation of the smog that can cause serious pollution change the environment globally.
Effect of Global Change on the Society:
Global change has a great effect on the society as global change can change the behavior and the results of the cultural and the technological issues. Two main factors are involved in effecting the society i.e. globalization and global integration. We should avoid some pollution to avoid global change and follow the techniques to reduce the change.